Wednesday, October 18, 2023

My Generous Wife

 OK, so my wife has a kitten. We can affectionately call this baby "Psycho Death Kitty" to ensure a partial understanding of the damage she can create in even the most mundane of circumstances. In this particular case, she had decided that she enjoyed, for whatever reason, enjoyed drinking the rinse water from my miniatures painting. All of my paints are supposedly non-toxic, but maybe that's just for humans. And I don't want our precious ball of claws and fangs to get sick.


Psycho Death Kitty in her new enclosed kitty bed

The problem is, Psycho Death Kitty is really smart. She is the 12th cat to intersect my life, and is by far the smartest so far. I have tried putting things on top of the rinse water bin, put it under other things, cover it with a towel... she always figures out where it is and how to get to the water in it.

My wife is no happier about Psycho Death Kitty drinking the rinse water than I am. And so, she generously donated one of her plastic kitchen containers with a snap-on lid so that we can keep the water away from the kitten. And it mostly works! She hasn't figured out how to get the lid off, even if she has figured out how to steal the whole container.


The new rinse water bin with its stylish blue snap-on lid

Many thanks to my wonderful and amazing wife for protecting both Psycho Death Kitty and my rinse water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wayside Shrine

Another day, another papercraft scenic item. This time is the Wayside Shrine from Papierschitzel with a couple of 28mm foot knights for sca...